Monday 30 January 2017

January Favourites


Wow, it feels like I haven't done a favourites post in so long... which is in fact, pretty accurate - my last one was in May last year.  Oops.  So we've plenty to catch up on.



The first honourable mention must be YSL's Mon Paris, which is a classic, romantic, and suitably Parisian smelling fragrance.  Think fruity, floral and sweet but with a deeper chypre base - somewhere between Giorgio Armani's Si and Coco Mademoiselle.  Lovely.

For my birthday in October my housemates (aren't they just the best?!) got me an Instax Mini 8 Camera in Yellow, which I have been loving.  There's nothing quite so satisfying as the clunk when you hit the shutter, the little squeal as your picture emerges, and anxiously watching the image develop over a two minute interval.  You can get them in all sorts of colours and there's plenty of funky cases to boot - like this oh-so-70s divine floral one.


  
I've definitely had to up my haircare game this January.  Whereas I'm usually fairly lazy, having just had another load of bleach inflicted on my ends as well as the colder temperatures, I'm lathering on all the nourishment I can.  I've recently rediscovered Lee Stafford's products, and I have to say, one of the major USPs of his products for me is their amazing smell.  I'm talking sweet, nutty, white-sand tropical island kind of smell.  Just what the doctor ordered in January, no?


I  like to whack a load of this Repair Oil onto my damp ends, and again once my hair has dried, to help seal the ends and give a glossier finish.  Paired with Ojon's Leave-in Glossing Cream, which I again use a generous dollop of on wet, brushed through hair, this combination has just about been saving my hair throughout the month.


And finally, to brighten up my reluctantly wintry looking skin, I've returned to an old favourite by Kiko - their Beam of Light Highlighter in 01 Cream.  Kiko is a brand I so rarely tend to buy from, but I believe I picked this up when I popped into one of their stores in a mall in Spain - as you do.  Anyway, it's just glorious.  Think pearlescent, shimmery, sandy gold colours; again, beaches and tropical islands (anywhere but England!).  This is highly pigmented and gives a gorgeous highlight but can be layered according to desired effect.



I like to dust along cheekbones, brow bones, cupid's bow, you name it.  Just call me shimmerball.

Ruby x




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment