Tuesday 17 January 2017

New in: Formula 10.0.6


Getting together a good, solid skincare routine that uses products I love and that work for me is something I still haven't achieved, despite having been an avid shopper who also has skin for around 21 years.  I know.  On the upside, however - if you haven't already been able to tell - it does mean that I'm constantly trying new products from new brands.  Today I want to talk about a brand called Formula 10.0.6 which I picked up a couple of bits from late last year. 


Finding a good moisturiser is 100% where I have floundered over the years.  I'm a big big fan of the La Roche Posay skincare, especially their moisturisers (see this post and this post), however I find a 40ml bottle of LRP Effaclar Duo+ only lasts me around 3-4 weeks.  And at £15.50 a pop, even though I love it, that is more than my phone bill and therefore ridiculous to be spending every month.  

Interestingly enough however, Formula 10.0.6's 'Seriously Shine Free' moisturiser has a very similar visual effect to LRP's Effaclar Duo+, mattifying the skin perfectly.  It has a clean, fresh smell, slightly woody which is unusual for a moisturiser but actually quite pleasant.  Containing aloe vera and bamboo extract, it's gentle on the face and gives back moisture without a hint of shine or grease owing to its oil-free formula.  I do sometimes find myself having to put on multiple layers in order to feel that I have properly rehydrated my skin (especially after an involuntarily scorching hot shower; ours is rather erratic at the moment).  But considering it comes in at £8.99 for 75ml (I know!), a few extra layers here and there don't trouble me in the slightest.  This is an all-round great value moisturiser for oily, combination and acne-prone skin.
 
 

 The second thing I picked up was the 'Rescue Me! Blemish Care'.  This is a 25ml (also incredibly generous) product designed to clear and help prevent breakouts and blemishes.  Very similar to Soap and Glory's Dr Spot, I use this as a topical treatment for spotty areas after cleansing and toning in the evening.  Containing castor oil and salicylic acid, I find this does a pretty good job at drying out and reducing the swelling of spots (sorry if TMI).  Plus, again, it's only £6.99 for a bottle that will last me probably at least the whole of 2017 if not longer! 

So, Formula 10.0.6, upon first impressions, I'm pretty impressed.  This is a nice, more affordable skincare brand for anyone with oily, blemish-prone skin who is looking for a bit more value for money. 

Has anyone else tried anything from Formula 10.0.6?

Ruby x



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment