Wednesday 1 June 2016

Vichy Normaderm: 3-in-1 Cleanser and Anti-Blemish Moisturiser Reviews



 Vichy is a new brand for me: I've always tended to choose the likes of La Roche Posay, Lancome (if I'm feeling fancy) or on occasion Avene.  However, none of said brands have worked any particular wonders for my skin, leaving me rather ambivalent towards skincare products in general.  But my search has continued this month with a couple of bits from Vichy's Normaderm range which is designed for 'acne-prone skin'.


Their 3-in-1 Cleanser + Scrub + Mask is reasonably priced at the £11 mark for 125ml.  From what I can tell so far, this will last a good while, too.  I've been using it daily in the shower, usually in the morning.  The product is quite thick in consistency, with a light scent that reminds me slightly of the smell of a spa - like a pleasant concoction of swimming pools, candles and fresh towels.  It smooths nicely over the skin and contains miniscule exfoliating beads that really help your face to feel like it has been deeply cleansed.  I've found it has actually been helping reduce redness in my skin and inflammation, as well as helping to reduce oiliness and blemishes on my face in general. 


I like to dampen my face first, before smoothing over and rubbing gently to get a good exfoliation going, before rinsing off with warm water.  I really like this product - it leaves my face feeling completely clean and cleansed of oil and impurities, giving a slightly mattified look after use.  I haven't yet tried using it as a mask, but as a cleansing scrub, I can certainly recommend this for those with acne-prone skin like me.   


I've then been using the Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Blemish Care moisturiser, which comes in at a pricier £14.50 for 50ml.  Although this is reasonably sized, compared to some moisturisers I've bought in the past which are only a puny 30ml, I do find myself using at least one full pump, sometimes more, despite not having particularly dry skin.  That being said though, this is an incredibly lightweight and silky moisturiser.  It's very fast absorbing, and leaves my skin radiant without being overly shiny.  Again, the smell is pleasant, but mild, and I find this to have a calming effect on any redness or inflammation I might have on my face.  Although £14.50 is expensive, I must say I have been very happy with this so far, and would definitely repurchase. 

Has anyone else tried Vichy's products?  What do you find works best for acne-prone skin?

Ruby x






Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment