Friday 10 June 2016

Long Hair and Lace Ups



Last week I spent a long weekend in Manchester visiting one of my nearest and dearest childhood friends, Emily.  Compared to the last time I visited in November (I wrote two blog posts on my first visit which you can find here and here), the weather was glorious.  On the Sunday evening we decided to take advantage of this and have a stroll down the canal... which is just as urban as you would expect from Manchester.  



 I'm a T-shirt lover, but often struggle to find ones that don't make me look too - for want of a better word - lumpy.  So I've actually recently been converted to the idea of knitted tees since getting this one off ASOS.  You just can't go wrong with block colour tops, and white is a staple item for me. 



These sunglasses are a recent purchase from TK Maxx and they are probably my favourite pair to date.  I love a big frame as much as anyone else, and there's something incredibly spy-like about having reflective lenses that I'm also very into.  I find TK Maxx to be very hit and miss but actually all the sunglasses in that department looked pretty good, and I got these for £19.99 and they're by Calvin Klein Jeans - I can't find this specific pair but you can browse the range here.




Sunglasses - TK Maxx (browse range here) / Top - ASOS / Skirt - Urban Outfitters / Shoes - TK Maxx / Bag - TK Maxx

 I'm quickly falling back in love with this skirt, too.  I got it in Autumn last year from Urban Outfitters but haven't had much of a chance to wear it as the colour is difficult to pull off with tights and the weather has been too cold to go without!  Skirts like this are so versatile though, and really comfy too - a worthy investment.  


And finally these cute little shoes which you may remember from this post.  I'm obsessed with lace-ups recently; they make me feel like a fairy, and what's not to love about that?!  These ones are surprisingly comfy, too, although they did take a few days of plaster-wearing to break them in.  You know the struggles!

Ruby x





Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment