Saturday 25 June 2016

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil


If you caught my May Favourites post you may or may not remember this NYX bad boy I've recently added to my collection.  This was my first time trying NYX, as their counters are a new addition to my local Boots store, but I love the amazing range of shades and colours they have from lipsticks to mascaras to liners to shadows.  I couldn't resist this lovely lilac toned eye crayon, which also comes in a stunning 32 shades.  


 
The pencil itself is far more soft and glossy than a traditional kohl pencil and applies easily to give a smooth and shiny finish.  I find the colour is not particularly pigmented, and requires a few applications to deepen, but it is quite buildable - and for £5.50 a piece, quite affordable, in my opinion.


The thing I like in particular about this product is that it is so versatile - it can be used as a creamy eyeshadow base for all over the lid, or just as an eyeliner along the water line.  Below are a couple of quick and easy looks I've recently been loving wearing that require only a few products, including the liner: 

1) - All Over Lavender 



Literally just a good coating of colour all over the lid, as well as underneath the eye, and then lashings of mascara.  Easy-peasy, but certainly eye catching!



2) Lilac Cat Eye


For this look I first applied my liquid eyeliner in a neat cat flick, before going over lightly with the NYX crayon around the outer edge of my eye and water line.  The liquid eyeliner I use is by Stila and it's fabulous - you can read my review of it here.


Have you guys tried any of the NYX products? 

Love,

Ruby x


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment