Friday 27 May 2016

May Favourites


Good afternoon chickies!  Oh, how I've missed blogging - the past couple of months have been manic for me in terms of uni work.  The beginning of May was a deadline-shaped whirlwind, but the storm has officially raged, and I'm now wedged in the first lazy lull of summer... starting with a few May favourites for you all.


As the weather has been getting a bit warmer my hair has certainly been feeling the pinch.  I'm talking a dead, dry, scarecrow-like pinch.  Having used Argan oil for the past year or so, I thought I would try something new, and I've become a big fan of this Organix Coconut Milk Serum as a way to smooth down my unruly ends and restore a bit of moisture.  If you want your hair to smell like a holiday in Barbados, this is perfect - it's quite a lightweight serum too, so won't leave your hair feeling greasy or sticky.


I've been using Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel for a little while now, too, and although it's quite an investment, I love this scent.  It's a fresh oriental and fruity fragrance that lasts all day.  I have the Eau de Parfum, and found that this smells quite different to the Eau de Toilette, so if anyone is thinking about getting this, make sure you compare the two first and see which you prefer.


 This next one is a little weird, but thought it was worth a mention...
 

This little tool is called a 'Comedone Extractor'.  I won't go into too much detail, for fear of putting you off ever visiting my blog again... but these things are really bloody useful for anyone who suffers from acne or blackhead-prone skin.  I first saw them in Japan and was too intrigued not to try one out.  I got mine off Amazon for a very inexpensive £1.89.  Has anyone else heard of, or used one of these?  I'd love to know what you thought of it!  




 While at home for a week last week I popped into Boots and saw that they now stock NYX cosmetics.  I had to pick up a couple of bits of course, and I'll probably do a full post on what I got, but one of the things I've been loving is this Jumbo Eye Pencil in Lavender - a gorgeous shimmery lilac shade.  It's quite an inexpensive brand, and what especially drew me to this counter was the great range of colours they have, especially in terms of eyeliners, shadows, lipsticks etc.  The other new makeup product I've been loving is the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner.  I've done a full review of this product here, but let me tell you in short - it's amazing.


And finally, I thought I'd round it all off with a book I've recently started, called Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.  This is by no means a particularly light read (so far, anyway) but is written so beautifully and experimentally.  For lovers of language, this is a treat.  I hope you're all really well and enjoying the sunshine, and to anyone who still has exams and deadlines - good luck, and keep going!  The end is in sight.

Ruby x
 


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment