Tuesday 8 November 2016

Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate - Review


Recently I've been branching out from my usual choice of moisturiser (La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo), and trying some different types of product and brands on my skin.  I find particularly between seasons that my skin can become a bit of a challenge to manage - I'll be dry in the afternoon, oily in the evening, and suffering breakouts the rest of the time.  For a long time I would shy away from using moisturisers, thinking it would exacerbate my oily areas, but I now really enjoy using either a lightweight moisturiser or a serum like this one to keep my skin hydrated without clogging my pores or looking overly shiny.    


This is not the kind of product I would ever have decided to try of my own accord as it is completely out of my price range at a whopping £59 for 30ml.  I came across it totally by chance - I lie, it was through some clever PR work - as it came as part of a 'free gift' with the purchase of two other Lancome products (or some similarly tempting proposal).  My original 'free gift' bottle was a sample sized 5ml, which I took on holiday with me to Greece and could not get enough of.  Upon returning, I trawled Depop for a couple of days until I saw someone was selling a bottle of the stuff for a fraction of the price as it was an unwanted gift.  Needless to say, I snapped it up - parting with just £20 in the end. 

The serum is a lightweight, silky texture and comes in a luxurious glass bottle with a pipette dispenser.  Despite actually being marketed on account of its of anti-ageing properties, the main reason I love this product is because it makes my skin look and feel so hydrated and healthy, like I've been drinking matcha smoothies and doing yoga daily for the last 5 years.  It makes the perfect base for days where I do want to wear makeup, and for days when I don't, gives me a little bit of extra confidence.  

For me, this is my new favourite luxury to see me through Autumn.  

Ruby x

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment