Saturday 22 April 2017

Nars Eye Paint in Black Valley: Review







And so, my quest for an above average eyeliner continues.  Since the birth of this blog I've grappled with the likes of Smashbox and Stila's offerings, but to little avail.  Smashbox didn't have quite the right amount of pigment, and Stila was not enough bang for your buck (I was going through one every couple of months!), so I decided it was time to try something new...and that something is Nars' Eye Paint in the shade Black Valley.

 



This is a gel formula liner, which I have tended to have the most luck with over the years - I'm certainly better with a brush than with a pen.  I also think gel liners work out much better value in the end.  This was £19 from Space NK, and by the looks of it will probably last me 2-3 years, as a little goes a long way! 

The colour is pretty much as black as you can go, and dries to a gorgeous deep matte.  The formula is creamy and very movable, making it fairly easy to apply as long as you've got a trusty liner brush to hand.  I haven't yet tried it, but the sales assistant I spoke to about it in the shop also mentioned you can use these paint pots as all over creamy shadows as the colour is quite buildable - however I'm not too sure I'd be using it all over my lid in this shade (unless I was dressing up as a panda, maybe).



My only qualm with this would be the staying power, as always.  I think they need to invent an eyeliner that includes some kind of safe adhesive in its ingredients.  I'm fine for the first few hours, but once those facial oils start to creep through I'm in smudge city.  I've found using an eyelid primer or applying over the top of a powdered lid definitely helps - it's still not fail safe, but it'll do for now. 


 

Will my quest for eyeliner ever end?  I'll keep you posted...

Ruby x

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment