Thursday 2 March 2017

Skin Saviours of the Here and Now


Hello my loves!  Tonight's post is devoted to three skin care products I've been reaching for every single day over the past 6 weeks or so.  My face has really been wreaking havoc on my confidence recently, with dry skin left right and centre and breakouts galore.  It's been especially bad since I've had a cold - blowing my nose 24/7 has caused all the skin in that general area to literally flake off.  I know.  But such are the joys of life, and thank god there are products to ease the pain.  


Pixi was a brand I had heard so much about, and so when I got a couple of their products for my birthday I was over the moon and couldn't wait to try.  I'm absolutely in love with their Glow Mud Cleanser, and use it everyday as part of my oh-so-glamorous 'in-shower skincare routine'.  I think it's a really nice product to use in the morning particularly, because it leaves your face feeling ultra clean, and ever so slightly tingly, owing to that darling Glycolic Acid which I have only recently discovered to work wonders on my skin.  Other pros; Pixi are a cruelty free brand, the packaging is so so cute, and you're guaranteed a glowy complexion with this product.  Major con, however, is price - this comes in at £18, so is worth using sparingly!


And, post cleanse, where would I be without Avene's Tolerance Extreme.  Interestingly enough, this has received some pretty bad ratings online, owing to a recent change in product ingredients.  I believe it is actually intended for super sensitive skin, and whilst I don't have particularly sensitive skin, I wanted something ultra moisturising to get me through the last leg of winter.  This cream is rich, has a neutral scent, and applies thickly but sinks in rapidly, trust me.  Again, price point isn't great if you use a lot of moisturiser like me, however you do get more bang for your buck than with many other brands - £13.50 for 50ml, as opposed to the more common 30ml size.

And finally, my new favourite thing is the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Serum, again containing Glycolic Acid and Aloe Vera - my two best friends, apparently.  This stuff is fantastic for visibly brightening and tightening the skin, minimising the appearance of large pores, and making you smell like a freshly sliced orange.  How delicious.  Another mid-range highstreet product at £14.95, but I'm stingy and I'd still repurchase this.  

The next skincare product I'm desperate to try is Liquid Gold by Alpha H... has anyone else tried this?  Hope you're all well and happy,

Ruby x




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment