Wednesday 5 October 2016

Review: YSL Touche Éclat le Teint Foundation


Over the years, I've tried out my fair share of foundations.  I first started wearing foundation when I was in my early teens (as a way of combating those inevitable smatterings of pubescent spots), and although I couldn't put my finger on exactly which brands I started off using, I have a sneaking suspicion it would've been in the price range of Boots' 'Natural Collection' - so, no more than around £1.99.  Flash forward almost 10 years and I have no shame in confessing to purchasing my most 'high-end' foundation yet - YSL's Touche Éclat le Teint Foundation, which came in at £32.50 from Boots. 


Everything about YSL has a luxurious feel to it: from the gold lettering to the cool, round bottle, to the formula of the foundation itself, the entire experience breathes an effortless sophistication.  The bottle features a small pump at the top, and I find one to one and a half pumps is plenty to cover my entire face in a light layer.  The formula is water based and silky, giving a luminous, hydrated finish, even without using primer.  

As you may already know, my favourite types of foundations are lightweight, buildable, luminous formulas, that feel weightless on the skin, giving a 'soft filter' effect.  For me, this foundation ticks all those boxes.

Before:



After: (one light layer applied with a damp beauty blender)






As you can see from these pictures, one layer provides a light, soft coverage that gives a lovely subtle luminosity to the skin, and feels almost as though you're wearing nothing at all.  It blends in wonderfully; especially using a damp beauty blender, and I have also found it is very effective when layered for heavier coverage looks.  I can't fault the staying power of this foundation either.  Even if I apply it at 8am and don't get home until midnight, YSL has me covered - literally.  My skin stays hydrated all day, the formula doesn't shift.  All round, £32.50 well spent.  

After 
Before


Has anyone else tried any high-end foundations?  Were they worth it?

Ruby x




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment