Wednesday 12 October 2016

Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara



Wow, what a title for a bloody mascara!  

I purchased this a little while ago and, to be honest, it's taken me a little while to gather my thoughts as to what I think of it.  If you can't tell by now, I'm a serial mascara buyer and tryer.  Maybelline isn't usually a brand I would go for but something about the idea of an 'oil blend' mascara sounded far too inviting to pass up... it had me thinking healthy, shiny, natural looking lashes with more luscious-ness than you can shake a stick at. 


And I guess, that wasn't too far from the truth.  The formula is very black, and quite liquidy, making for quick and easy application.  The wand itself is contoured slightly, with short plastic bristles.  I find for my eye shape, the wand is a little cumbersome - I can't really get into the corners of my eyes without also accidentally getting my eyelids - but I guess this a case-by-case problem depending on your own eye shape!


In terms of results, I think this mascara is great for a slightly more dramatic look, and for me, is perfect for wear in the evenings.  It gives plenty of length and volume, has good staying power and is easy to remove. 



 It is also quite buildable, besides being a little prone to clumping - but that's nothing a spoolie (a brow/lash comb - who'd have known there was a word for that?!) can't fix.  

All in all, for £7.99 a pop, this isn't half bad at all.  Has anyone else tried Maybelline mascaras?  Or been sucked in by some clever branding eg. 'oil blend', haha!

Love, 

Ruby x
  



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment