Sunday 11 September 2016

The Black Pinafore



I'm always on the lookout for basics that will give me years of wear: that perfect pair of everything-goes jeans, that snug fitting, make-you-feel-a-million-dollars dress, or those super comfy, ten out of ten trainers that feel like walking on air.  I think this black pinafore is going to quickly become one of my wardrobe staples that I can wear all year round.  And the best thing?  It was only £14.99 from New Look's Petite section.  



It's a lovely textured material which makes it ideal for pairing with silk shirts, like this burnt orangey red one I picked up in a charity shop a few months ago (I'm a sucker for shirts if you can't already tell).  The fit of the pinafore is also quite loose, so it's easy to layer other tops underneath without feeling like a snowman and I think it's definitely an item that can be dressed up or down.  


As it's quite a simple piece, it's also fun to style with a little more 'out there' accessories, like these John Lennon-esque round-frame sunglasses.  They're a pinky purple tint, making them not particularly great in the sun (definitely more fashion than functionality), but for overcast days like this one they're just fabulous.   

Sunglasses - New Look (similar here) / Pinafore - New Look / Bag - Charity Shop
Silk Shirt - Charity Shop (Laura Ashley) / Shoes - Vagabond




And what can I add about my trusty Vagabonds, other than that they're the shoes that just keep on giving!  Although my choice of colour was probably (definitely) slightly optimistic, they do also scrub up pretty well with a nail varnish and bit of fairy liquid.  I think my love affair with these shoes will never end - they're comfier than many of the flat shoes I own, and a hell of a lot sassier.  Vagabond, I salute you!

Ruby x





 





Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment