Wednesday 13 April 2016

Rainy Laze


I find Spring in England is so unpredictable.  One minute it will be glorious sunshine, the next, downpour.  With my 20 years of life experience, I've come to the conclusion that getting wet is simply not worth it and sometimes you just have to rock a mac.  Last Thursday was one of those rainy April days, but luckily this rain jacket, which was a hand-me-down from my Mum, had me covered (literally). 




Jumper - New Look / Mac - Peter Storm / Converses / Jeans - Urban Outfitters / Bag - Primark

I'm also totally in love with this big oversized jumper I recently got from New Look (in the sale, of course).  I'm a massive fan of slouchy oversized jumpers as they're so versatile, and this one's surprisingly warm considering it's a chunky knit - it's absolutely perfect for lazy, rainy days.  I spent last Thursday stomping between coffee shops in drizzly Brighton with one of my oldest and dearest friends Emily, laptops and books in tow.  We've both got a shit tonne of uni work to do at the moment, and so compromised by having lunch together at the Infinity Foods Cafe in the North Laines (ah-mazing) before finding various spots to study.  




Boyfriend jeans are also a Springtime staple for me.  One of the great things about them is that I find that the more wear and tear they get, the better they look (compared to skinny jeans - my Joni jeans are a sorry sight to see).  This pair are from Urban Outfitters but I've also in the past picked up some great pairs from River Island and Zara.  It's worth keeping your eyes peeled for this style of jean at carboot sales, too, as I've seen a pair of Vintage Levis crop up every now and again for a couple of quid - an opportunity not to be missed.  



























I also have eternal love for this bag which I picked up while in Manchester last year for a fiver from Primark - and it's still going strong!  Some days you just need a good backpack so you can carry all your shit around without sustaining a spinal injury in the process. 




And to top it all off, a grubby pair of converse - bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt, and there's my favourite rainy day outfit.  What do you lot usually wear on a rainy day?

Ruby x

PS - I'm going to apologise in advance for the lack of blog posts there is going to be this month.  I've got three essays looming over my sorry little head and until they're a thing of the past, I might be a little erratic on here - but watch this space!  Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' as I may also surprise you (and myself) ...

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment