Wednesday 9 December 2015

Backpacker





 
So, it's been a little while since I've done an outfit post, and the weather has not made things particularly easy so far...  today being an exception!  Chiara (one of my housemates) and I have finally managed to redeem our last attempt at blog photos which was completely foiled by 25mph winds and complete darkness by 4.30pm.  This afternoon, however, was perfect.  Although it was freezing, the sun was at just the right level in the sky to cast this gorgeous warm wintry light over everything.  I love Brighton in this weather - it somehow seems even more wonderful. 




 Sunglasses - Primark / Scarf - ASOS / Shoes - Vagabond Dioon / Top - Vintage
Backpack - Primark / Trousers - Topshop / Jacket - Topshop

I feel like first of all I need to alert everyone immediately to this new style of trouser I've fallen in love with - Topshop have appropriately dubbed them the 'Jogger Trousers'.  These are so ground-breakingly comfy, I feel like I'm wearing my pyjamas out the house.  And, at a completely bargainous £15 (plus student discount) in the end of the sale, they're certainly a worthy investment.  I think this style of trouser is great for all year round wear, too, and can really be worn and styled through all the seasons.


I bought these boots quite a while ago and was reasonably hesitant about buying them as a) they're white and b) they're white.  I've told myself time and time again I'm far too clumsy and messy to buy white shoes... and time and time again, I've bought white shoes anyway.  These ones have actually been decent in terms of stain-resisting factor: I tend to avoid wearing them on nights out at all costs, but when they get a bit grubby from general wear I find it's nothing a few (maybe more like 10-15) baby wipes can't sort out.  I think I'm going to be wearing them more this winter as an alternative to the black heeled boots I am forever leaning towards. 





Moving onto this bag, which is probably (embarrassingly) my ultimate pride and joy at the moment.  My teenage self would shudder at what I'm about to state, but I'm head-over-heels for backpacks.  For the first time in my life, ever.  For years throughout secondary school, I had roaring arguments with my poor mother who was only trying to protect my spine by encouraging me to use a backpack instead of a handbag.  But thirteen year old me thought backpacks were for geeks - now I've suddenly realised backpacks are the most logical and sensible portable storage solution in probably the entire world.  So, to cut a long story short, this one is from Primark.  It has tassels.  And it's animal print.  And it was only £5.  No word of a lie, this was an absolute steal I managed to pick up while in Manchester's massive Primark.  Granted I did spend well over an hour in there, but I'm a firm believer that when it comes to shopping, you get out what you put in.  And that means that sometimes, a bit of time and a bit of money really can equal happiness - as long as you're in the right shop. 

Ruby x
 


 


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment