Sunday 22 November 2015

Rainbow Shirts and Pleather Skirts



 
I'm currently sitting cross-legged on the rug in front of the fire wearing two tops, two jumpers, a dressing gown and a hat for good measure.  This weekend I've been at home, luckily enough, as I don't have to pay for having the heating on here... however, that's not to say I haven't been feeling the effects of the recent 10 degree temperature drop.  Has anyone else been suffering madly with it?!  Every year I seem to forget just how bloody cold it can get.  

On Saturday morning I went for breakfast with my Mum at a little cafe by the seaside.  We both had Eggs Benedict which was absolutely dreamy - I hardly ever eat out for breakfast, as my burger addiction means I tend to be limited to lunch and dinner if I'm going to try and keep vaguely within the lines of what's socially acceptable (of course I would eat a burger for breakfast if there was the option, but for some reason I haven't yet come across a restaurant which does).  It's always so nice to come home for the weekend because I get to spend time catching up with my family and friends, and, in some cases, also forcing them to take blog photos for me: it was my mother who lovingly obliged this time.  I have to admit I was pretty chilly in this outfit.  I had a couple of layers on under the shirt but could've definitely done with an extra jumper on top, as it was so windy being close to the seafront - you've only got to look at my out-of-control mane in these photos to tell that!

 
Top - Zara / Shirt - Vintage Kilo Sale / Skirt - New Look
Boots - River Island / Bag - Thrifted



 This crazy Elmer-esque (if you didn't read Elmer the Patchwork Elephant as a child click here to be enlightened) shirt is one of the items I picked up at the Vintage Kilo Sale while away in Manchester (read my up-north weekend blog posts here and here), and I must say, although I've had a couple of 'what the devil is she wearing' sort of looks from a few people while out and about in my home town, it's not enough to put me off.  During winter it's so easy to end up wearing all black outfits every day (something's got to camouflage the effects of all the mince pies and mulled wine), but I have faith now in this shirt to rescue some of those outfits, such as this very one.  





The skirt is something I picked up from New Look a couple of weeks back, and although I was really unsure about how to justify adding another pleather skirt to my wardrobe, I must say I have no regrets in the slightest.  Being slightly shorter, and slightly tighter, I feel that this skirt is actually far more flattering for my short stumpy legs which seemed to be cut in half by my other one.  I reckon it'll be a great staple piece for winter, as black is so versatile, and leather seems to go with everything... plus, it was only £17.99 after student discount - it would've been rude to say no.   

Don't forget to follow on Bloglovin' to keep up to date with me and my money-spending antics!
 
Ruby x


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment