Wednesday 4 November 2015

Quick Eat of the Week



Hello!  Wow, it's been well over a week and for that, I apologize.  On the weekend my housemates and I hosted our first house party in the name of Halloween/my 20th birthday which was also last week, a party which seemed to take me about 5 days to prepare for and a further 4 to recover from.  For some reason, Halloween this year well and truly topped me: don't get me wrong, I had a fabulous time, but I'm certainly paying for it now... 

Today's post is dedicated to the rediscovery of one of my all-time favourite quick and easy but bloody yummy breakfast/lunch/dinners.  Yes, this is the ultimate mealtime hybrid - a dish that can satisfy hunger pangs at any time of the day.  This time last year every time I went on Instagram someone else was eating eggs and avocado but the thing is it's just such a good combo.  

Basically, all you need to make this is your bread of preference (give rye bread a go, it's delicious), about half a ripe avocado, 2 eggs and some salad on the side if you so wish.  Whack the bread on the grill, mix up the eggs with a little bit of milk, salt and pepper then start scrambling over a low heat.  Once your bread is toasted, mash the avocado on top of it and add more salt, pepper, and a little bit of cayenne pepper for special interest if you're into that shit (I most certainly am).  Keep an eye on your eggs, and once they're done to your personal liking layer them on top of your avocado toast and season again with smoky paprika.  Throw some spinach and chopped tomatoes on the side with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt - I told you it was easy.  

Do let me know if you try this out, or if you have any other ways to add variety and pizazz to your avocado/egg dishes... I'm addicted!!

Ruby x



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment