Tuesday 23 June 2015

Lips Of The Month: Double Shot


Aloha!  I'm super excited today as I'm heading off to Glastonbury music festival tomorrow morning, so the rest of today will probably consist of assessing the entire contents of my wardrobe to see what can be deemed festival-worthy enough to be brought with me.  I thought I'd fit in a quick blog post before all that begins though, about something very important in my life right now: lipstick.  My relationship with lipstick has fluctuated over the years - when I was first getting into makeup (I'm talking 9/10/11 years old) I used to have these little tubes of Boots' 'Glitter Babes' lipstick in garish pinks and purples that smelt a bit dodgy and had the consistency of wax on your lips.  That was probably what put me off lipstick for about 6 years, when my love was reignited.  And now, well, I'm just obsessed, and my absolute favourite at the moment is this one... Mac's Double Shot.  




 I've always loved a good brown lipstick as they work so well for daytime or evening looks, and this one is perfect for both.  It's an 'amplified' finish which I find so much more forgiving than the matte finish for slightly chapped or dry lips. I love to wear this with winged liner and mascara as a really easy way to jazz up simple makeup. 

Let me know what you think of this lipstick and if you love it as much as I do.  I'll be off the blogging radar (I'll most probably be face down in a field somewhere in the West Country) from now until around Monday , when I'll certainly be back, undoubtedly armed with 10,000 gigabytes worth of photos to sift through and shape into hairy festival blog posts.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

Ruby x

No comments:

Post a Comment