Wednesday 5 July 2017

Denim Summer Staple



First things first, I apologise for my complete radio silence over the past few weeks.  Things have been a little bit all over the place, to say the least, in between finishing my degree, heading off to Glastonbury Festival as part of the Shangri-La Press team, and packing up my entire life to move back home in between tenancies.  I'll be moving into a new place in the Brighton area in August, following a rigorous job hunt and some hardcore holidaying which I'm super excited for.  But for now I've been LOVING having a bit of time and space to take a breather and spend time with my friends and family!


Denim jacket - Vintage / Top - H&M (old, try this) / Skirt - H&M (similar)
Bag - BrandAlley / Flatforms - Bershka (only available in gold now!) / Sunglasses - Derek Lam

Anyway, onto the outfit - I picked up this denim skirt last week in H&M for a bargainous £15.  I can't find this exact one online, typically, but they have an enormous selection, fit for every taste here.  I haven't owned a denim skirt in years - the last one I had was self-fashioned, from a pair of beaten up Topshop skinny jeans, when I was probably 12 or 13.  It lasted me a good few years before finally biting the dust (maybe something to do with my dodgy hand stitching?!).  But I am so glad to welcome the denim skirt back into my wardrobe; it's already fast becoming a summer staple.
 
 
 Nail polish - Kitsch by Rococo

  
I think it is safe to say that my double denim obsession has taken full hold this summer.  Recently I've been especially loving pairing two tones of denim with a basic colour block tee.  I picked up this one late last year in H&M.  The colour's a kind of dirty lilac meets taupe shade, and I love the relaxed V-neck fit.  You can't beat a good basic, eh! 





And finally, I would like to introduce you to these fabulous flatform sandals.  I got my hands on these a few months ago, so they're now only available in gold on Bershka's site, but are also only £11.99... 

I'm not going to lie to you, these aren't the comfiest shoes in the world, but I've tended to find sandals from high street fashion stores in general to be pretty uncomfortable.  However, these make up for it in sass, giving me those all important extra few inches, and giving me a chance to show off my fabulous mermaid-y toenails, which were courtesy of Nails By Fleur.  I've raved about her work before (see this post), and her Instagram is a site to behold - for anyone in the West Sussex area I can't recommend her highly enough.  



Anyway, enough from me and my sparkly toenails.  Here's a nice picture of me smiling and a not so nice one, but perhaps more accurate representation of me in my current hayfever ridden state, pre-sneeze... #thestruggleisreal.

Ruby x




Follow

2 comments: