Saturday 13 August 2016

Rimmel London Volume Colourist Mascara: Review


Originally, I absolutely hated this mascara.   Putting it on for the first time, I was thinking 'what have I done!!!!!'  Remember that post where I said I'd been totally converted to high-street mascara and would never pick another again after finding L'Oreal's Miss Manga?  Well, let's just say I get far too excited about trying new things, and picked this up instead of going for the safe option and buying Miss Manga again or my slightly more expensive Lancome fail-safe. 


However.  All is not lost.  This product has been a grower, not a shower (lol), and the more I've used it, the more it's grown on me.  At first, admittedly, I was disappointed because the length and volumising effect of the produt is not in any way, shape or form dramatic.

In fact, as a mascara, it's pretty unspectacular.  


Yes, it gives me a little bit of length and a little bit of volume, but it's no lash-enhancing extraordinaire.  The brush also took me a little while to get used to...


(Who would have thought a postage receipt would've made the perfect background for showing a mascara wand?! - the struggle is real, guys.)  

The wand is your classic bristle wand, fairly chunky, not particularly tapered and all in all, a little cumbersome.  After a few uses though, I have got used to it.  And in fact, like I said, this mascara has grown on me.  

It's certainly not night-out-on-the-town material, but actually, for day to day (or those days when mascara is about all you can be bothered with - see below), it's pretty damn perfect.  Because the look is actually so natural, it really makes a great product for a 'no-makeup makeup' look.  Also - and this is what I really should've got onto earlier - the USP of this mascara is supposedly not it's mascara-rey capabilities.  It's actually a lash tinting formula.  Who'd have known!?  


Despite my skepticism, I have actually noticed that my lashes are looking a little darker each day I wear this mascara, even after I take it off.  I don't know what they're putting in that little pot, but it's working.  

So - for an everyday, natural looking and 100% clump free formula that gradually tints your lashes, this is a winner - it just takes some getting used to.

Ruby x


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment