Friday 11 March 2016

The Classic




 
My 10 year old self probably never would've thought I'd be wearing Reebok Classics again at the ripe old age of 20... my first pair of real trainers were Classics in white, with a nice bit of iridescent pink accenting and a trendy foamy zig-zag sole.  Flash forward 10 years and I've reinvested in my childhood trainer - this time in black, to match my soul (I'm joking).  For the past couple of years I've always tended to steer towards Adidas trainers, as I find they tend to be quite reasonably priced and super comfy - plus, I've found a few bargain favourites in the Adidas outlet in Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth (for a bit more on Gunwharf and Portsmouth, check out this post).

But while I was in Japan, I got that all too familiar itching-for-a-new-pair-of-shoes sensation... I knew I wanted trainers, and I knew I wanted something different.  It was a dangerous game to be playing.  But luckily enough Nike trainers aren't really my thing, and nothing in the Adidas store could excite me enough to part with my yen... and that's when Reebok caught my eye.  These ended up costing me around £40 which I don't think is too bad for a trainer, especially as they weren't even on sale or anything!  Having done a bit of research, I've found the particular style (the Reebok 'Princess' haha!) I have online at the Adidas store here for £45... not too shabby at all!  On recent trips to Urban Outfitters I've also spied these in white among their shoe section, so I reckon they could easily be big this year.  They're such a versatile trainer too, especially in black, and so comfy - the dream!



Faux fur coat - Beyond Retro / Bag - Urban Outfitters (old, similar here) / Jumper - ASOS  (now on sale for £15!!!) / Trainers - Reebok / Jeans - Topshop Jamies / Sunglasses - French Connection

I've been loving wearing these really casually with jeans or leggings and big jumpers (ie. today) or using them to dress down smarter pieces like trousers or culottes.  I must also just let you all know that this jumper is 1. so warm, it's been my winter saviour, 2. really really really nice, 3. on sale - go snap it up and make me proud.  Josh very sweetly got it for me for Christmas as a prezzie and I've been living in it ever since.  

Hope everyone's had a great week so far!

Ruby x


 




 





Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment