Monday 16 May 2016

Spring Leopard



So... after a manic few weeks, I would like to declare myself back on the blogging scene!  Deadlines were, unsurprisingly, a little stressful to say the least, but it's so nice (if a little daunting) now to have an incredibly long summer rolling out ahead of me.  I'm back at home now for a week or so to have some down time with my family and Josh, and spent yesterday pottering around town with my little sister.  Since the sun has been making a long awaited reappearance, I've dug out my favourite pair of culottes - these leopard print bad boys you may remember from this post.

I'm so glad culottes are still in because it's a bit like wearing, well, nothing.  Yeah, they're that comfy.  I noticed especially in Japan that they're getting rather popular but to be honest I struggled a bit trying to rock them in winter time as my ankles just got far too cold.  I love pairing culottes with lace up dolly shoes or sandals, it's such an effortless look for a Spring day.




Off-the-shoulder jumper - ASOS / Sandals - H&M (similar here) / Sunglasses - French Connection
Bag - New Look

I picked up this jumper whilst re-ordering some shoes on ASOS a few weeks ago, as I'm such a scrimp when it comes to paying for postage, I'd much rather take my order over the £20 threshold and get two or three things instead of paying for delivery.  So this was a bit of a spontaneous purchase, but I have to say, so far, so good.  I'm a big fan of off-the-shoulder styles as I think they're great for Spring when you want to get a little bit of skin out (just so you know it's not still Winter) without going too full on.  Plus, as you may have gathered if you've been reading my blog for a little while, I love a good jazzy trouser or garishly patterned shirt, so need plenty of basics to balance out the slightly more outlandish pieces in my wardrobe.  



 I also picked up this bag very recently from New Look, I think it was around £14 which I thought was a steal.  When it comes to bags I'm generally pretty bloody boring and go for black or a similar shade, always telling myself 'this is a sensible choice, it will go with everything'.  But the truth is, I've got too many bags to continue convincing myself that another one could be a sensible choice anyway... so I thought I'd go for something different this time, just to truly break the pattern.  I love a good dusty pink and this one is the perfect size.

Love,

Ruby x
 



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment