Sunday 24 July 2016

Big Blue Door







Well this certainly was the biggest, bluest door I've seen in my 20 years of life so far.  I've been back home in Chichester this weekend seeing my family/using their laptops while mine is broken, and I always forget how beautiful a city it is.  Especially in the sunshine, the cathedral and surrounding gardens are so picturesque, and there's so many photogenic corners to be found, a bit like this one.  It's always nice to pop back to sleepy little Chichester every now and again to escape what is becoming an increasingly manic Brighton every time the sun makes an appearance.  





Top - New Look / Trousers - Urban Outfitters / Sandals - H&M (last season - alternative here)
Bag - Nine West (TK Maxx) / Sunglasses - Calvin Klein (TK Maxx)


I got this top when I spontaneously popped into New Look late June time, and even though I wouldn't usually spend £20 on a top, I absolutely loved this, the colour is great and I'm such a fan of the off the shoulder style.  It has since gone into the sale half price; at first I was annoyed, but then I tell myself if I loved it enough to pay full price in the first place, it shouldn't matter to me it was only a tenner the week after... 


You may remember these wide leg trousers from this post or this post.  It's safe to say, despite the warmer weather, I'm still getting plenty of wear out of them.  I'm finding them much easier to style now with sandals and a crop, and the loose fit makes them breezy enough for summer days.  I picked up the sandals from an H&M sale in Spain last year for €5, and they've proved to be one of those perfect sale finds that has become a staple piece.  They go with anything and everything, and are so comfy.  The only downside to these would be that they make little fart sound effects sometimes when I walk in them - but as long as you don't mind that, they're gold.  



The bag is an old one I picked up in TK Maxx quite a few years ago, now.  Having two homes is a great excuse for not throwing stuff out - I convince myself I have double the storage to fill, and whenever I come home, I always end up digging stuff out of my wardrobe from years ago.  

That's it from me, for now.  Have a lovely week Sunday everyone, you'll hear from me again soon!

Ruby x






Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment